Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Player/Student Condolences

There are few times in a persons professional life where they are truly taken aback. I have been an Occupational Therapist for a few years now besides my work for this station and have grown pretty thick skinned in regards to medical matters, but an incident happened this past Friday in which I was at a loss for words, both personally and professionally. A student and football player for Curie HS, Quaashi Chandler had an apparent asthma attack on the field with 41 seconds remaining, and was carted off to the hospital where he passed a short time later. A stringer for our station Matt Misch reported the on field event to me as I was about to record him to replay a few minutes later on our live HS football broadcast. I became choked up at the report, as one of my HS classmates Adam Mohica passed away when we were in HS from an asthma attack.

Hopefully this will raise a little awareness about the disease and that life is but fragile, and lets be thankful for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment